Who doesn’t love chocolates? It’s a tasty treat that people of all ages enjoy and love to eat. It’s popular all over the word and comes in different types and tastes. Different types of chocolates have different properties and benefits. Did you know that chocolates have a lot of health benefits to offer? Actually they have. Chocolates offer a number of amazing health benefits which might just convince you to keep them in your regular diet. So what are the benefits? Let’s check them out.
- A bar of dark chocolate contains 5x the amount of flavonoids as an apple. Flavonoids are a type of antioxidants which increases vein and artery flexibility. Some doctors recommend 3 ounces of chocolates every day.
- Dark chocolates can reduce bad cholesterol and the risk of blood clots.
- Dark chocolates can increase the amount of serotonin and endorphin levels in your brain which help to keep you in a good mood.
- A recent study has found that eating at least one square of dark chocolate every day can reduce the risk of stroke and heart attack by 39%.
- Flavonoids found in dark chocolates helps to control insulin and thus it helps to prevent diabetes.
- Chocolates are made from cocoa and cocoa can reduce diarrhea.
- Dark chocolates contain theobromine which hardens tooth enamel. As a result it can reduce the risk of cavities.
- The free radicals found in our body cause oxidative damage in our cells, have effect on the aging process and also can cause cancers. But antioxidants found in the dark chocolates can get rid of these free radicals and thus protect our body from cancer and slow down the aging process.
- The theobromine found in the dark chocolates can also reduce the activity of vagus nerve of the brain which triggers coughing. Thus chocolates can reduce coughing.
As we see, chocolates have a lot of health benefits. But choosing the right kind of chocolate is very important. Dark chocolates are best for health. So you should keep the dark chocolates in your diet and of course, keep it in a limit.